What is the Bowen Therapy ?
Bowen Therapy is a very subtle form of bodywork that involves the practitioner making light, rolling moves over muscles, fascia, ligaments, tendons and nerves. These specific, but gentle moves encourage and stimulate the healing process in the body and have a powerful as well as relaxing effect on the body and the mind.
As Bowen is so gentle and non-invasive it is safe to use on anyone ranging from pregnant women and newborns to the elderly.
Bowen can help :
- release muscle tension and thereby improve posture and structural problems.
- improve circulation and lymphatic drainage.
- improve psychological and emotional problems. (Postural imbalances and injuries can lead to these types of problems).
- slow down and calm the autonomic nervous system, and thus encourage the body to start the process of repair by helping it rest and relax.
Conditions that respond well are :
- Back pain
- Neck and shoulder problems
- Migraines and headaches
- Jaw and TMJ problems
- Knee, ankle and foot problems
- Frozen shoulder
- Groin pain and pelvic imbalance
- Sports and accident injuries
- RSI, carpal tunnel and tennis/golfer elbow
- Heel spurs, bunions and plantar fasciitis
- Digestive issues
- Colic in infants
- Back pain/indigestion in pregnancy
- Diabetic Conditions